For some people, a vacation starts when they arrive. My love for train travel has everything to do with the fact that the journey becomes an integral part of the experience, not a means to get to the start.
In the past years, I’ve had the chance to travel some very unique railway trips:
Train Travel – Trans Siberian Railway
In 2016, I traveled from Brussels to Beijing, creating a video, a book and an art-based event for Delaware Consulting. During 10 weeks, I traveled the Western European railroads, the Trans Siberian and the Trans Mongolian trains. Along the road, I interviewed artists and brought back some of their works. On an event in Brussels, we presented the artworks, shows the mini report of the trip and the unique book that I created exclusively for the 150 guests present.
Train travel in Vietnam
Later, I traveled in Vietnam on the Reunification Express from Saigon to Hanoi. During the Tet (new year), and surrounded by families with children on the train, I traveled from Saigon to Hanoi. A little over 36 hours, but not a dull moment. More…
Train travel in Thailand and Malaysia
When I wanted to see the new year’s fireworks in Kuala Lumpur, I traveled by train from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur.
Train travel in Malaysia towards Singapore
At the beginning of 2017, I took the train from Kuala Lumpur to the border with Singapore.
Train travel plans in the next months
- Eastern Europe
More about Koen’s train travel: Boarding Today!
- More train! Saigon to Hanoi this time! Most of you know that I love a good train travel when the…Continue reading »
- After spending the new years eve in Kuala Lumpur, I decided to head for Singapore. By train. Buying a train…Continue reading »
- The history of the Trans Siberian Railway goes back to the end of the 19th century. Tsar Alexander III began…Continue reading »
- Moscow! The city where the Trans Siberian Railway departs, and so much more. How to get to Moscow By plane…Continue reading »
- A (too) short stop to Saint Petersburg is next on the travel that brings me from London via Beijing to…Continue reading »
- After months of preparation, the trip to Beijing and Hanoi (by train) is about to start. This is not just…Continue reading »
- Koens new journey is about to start. This time it's all about exploring Europe and Asia. Wherever possible, I'll be…Continue reading »
Koen Blanquart is a startup veteran whose mission is to help companies tap into the soul of corporate social responsibility. Through artistic projects around the world, such as photo and video documentaries, he helps companies highlight their CSR efforts and proactively show how their actions support their values. Whether he’s photographing grizzly bears in remote Alaska, riding on the trans-Siberian railway, or crewing a small sailboat in Antarctica, he brings an eco-sensibility to his work, lives rough and captures pristine footage for clients’ projects. If you like to stay updated, there is the newsletter and facebook page. We operate independently, in the creation of this blog, our documentaries and books, and in our eco-ventures. Small donations, even a $1, can make the difference! Click here to see how you can make the difference.