For some people, a vacation starts when they arrive. My love for train travel has everything to do with the fact that the journey becomes an integral part of the experience, not a means to get to the start.
In the past years, I’ve had the chance to travel some very unique railway trips:
Train Travel – Trans Siberian Railway
In 2016, I traveled from Brussels to Beijing, creating a video, a book and an art-based event for Delaware Consulting. During 10 weeks, I traveled the Western European railroads, the Trans Siberian and the Trans Mongolian trains. Along the road, I interviewed artists and brought back some of their works. On an event in Brussels, we presented the artworks, shows the mini report of the trip and the unique book that I created exclusively for the 150 guests present.
Train travel in Vietnam
Later, I traveled in Vietnam on the Reunification Express from Saigon to Hanoi. During the Tet (new year), and surrounded by families with children on the train, I traveled from Saigon to Hanoi. A little over 36 hours, but not a dull moment. More…
Train travel in Thailand and Malaysia
When I wanted to see the new year’s fireworks in Kuala Lumpur, I traveled by train from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur.
Train travel in Malaysia towards Singapore
At the beginning of 2017, I took the train from Kuala Lumpur to the border with Singapore.
Train travel plans in the next months
- Eastern Europe
More about Koen’s train travel: Boarding Today!
- In South Korea, Busan and Haeundae-gu should be part of any itinerary. Here are our first impressions and tips of…Continue reading »
- More train! Saigon to Hanoi this time! The reunification express, called so to remember the end of the Vietnam war.…Continue reading »
- After spending the new years eve in Kuala Lumpur, I decided to head for Singapore. By train. Buying a train…Continue reading »
- The history of the Trans Siberian Railway goes back to the end of the 19th century. Tsar Alexander III began…Continue reading »
- Moscow! The city where the Trans Siberian Railway departs, and so much more. How to get to Moscow By plane…Continue reading »
- A (too) short stop to Saint Petersburg is next on the travel that brings me from London via Beijing to…Continue reading »
- After months of preparation, the trip to Beijing and Hanoi (by train) is about to start. This is not just…Continue reading »
- Koen's new journey is about to start. This time it's all about exploring Europe and Asia. Wherever possible, I'll be…Continue reading »