La mission, lm boutique hotel, Puerto aventuras, Mexico
I stayed for my workation in Mexico in this small boutique hotel. A review.
When looking for a place to stay when I decided pretty last minute to take a work-break in Mexico, I ended up in the LM Boutique Hotel in Puerto Aventuras, also known as La Mission.
The LM Boutique Hotel is a well maintained house at the end of a street surrounded by the marina of Puerto Aventuras. There are 6 rooms on 2 floors. The dining room serves as reception as well. There’s a patio next to the diving room with umbrellas. Ideal to grab a drink after a day out.
Behind the hotel is a small area arranged as a beach. It has a salt water pool with access to the marina, so you can swim out in the canal, and has a pool with fresh water. The reception is open from 7 till 10 or so, but as guest you can go as you please, of course.
When directing a cab here, please don’t be confused. The address on the Internet says the house is number 22, but here the number is 33. The hotel is known as both “LM boutique hotel” and as “La Mission”. The sign says “La Mission”.
My room had two queen size beds, a working area and a bathroom with separate shower and toilet.
The rooms on the higher floor have a terrace with chairs. The ones on the ground floor seem to have a hammock too.
Workation, combining work with some more vacation-elements requires the place to be suited for it. In this age of digital nomads, this is an increasing importance for hotels.
For the work part:
- There is a large desk in the room, and enough power plugs to connect all our modern tools
- There are 2 wi-fi’s in the hotel. My room has an OK reception: not splendid but it worked. The patio, next to the reception on the ground floor had an excellent reception. As this is a small palce, I was there most of the time alone, and the staff was nearby if I needed a refill on my juice
- The post office (as I had to send stuff out) is 10 minutes walk, or 3 minutes by golfcart/bike
- The nearest coffee place that serves a decent latte (and has some working wifi as well as outdoor working space) is Bamboo. 5 minutes walk from the hotel
For the Vacationing part:
- I decided to take my mornings diving. The diving club at the Dreams resort is really close. THey dive at 8am and 10am, getting you back in the hotel or coffee place after lunch
- It’s Yucatan, Mexico… so tons of stuff so close by! Ruins in Tulum, snorkeling with turtles in Akumal, whale sharks, flamingo’s, ….
(I reviewed this on Tripadvisor as well)