A breakfast in a construction site Vietnam, you might be a great place to live and work, but having breakfast today wasn’t the most memorable… I’ve had some of the greatest food experiences in Vietnam, but this wasn’t one of them.
Vietnam, the unknown of South East Asia: Many travelers to South East Asia seem to forget it on their trip.
Travelers from Europe, Australia, Canada and the USA can get access fairly easy.
Currency: Vietnamese dong
Things to visit:
- Hanoi – the capital.
- The Mekong Delta is the region in southern Vietnam where the Mekong River approaches and empties into the sea. It is a very rich and lush area, covered with rice fields, that produces about half of the total of Vietnam’s agricultural output. Subsequently, life in the Mekong Delta revolves much around the river, and all the villages are often accessible by river rather than by road.
- The Temple of Literature (Hanoi)
- Ha Long Bay
- Saigon (now Ho Chi Ming City)
- The Notre Dame Cathedral in Saigon shows the influence of the French on the city.
- The Cu Chi Tunnels are a large network of underground tunnels. The complex is situated 1 hour northwest of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). The tunnels were used by Viet Cong guerrillas as hiding spots during the Vietnam War and were the base of operations for the Tết Offensive in 1968.
- Food tours on a scooter in Saigon – Ho Chi Ming City
Our recent articles about Vietnam:
Discovering Vietnam, that’s discovering its food as well as the urban jungle Ho Chi Ming City actually is. A food tour felt like the right activity to combine both!
After my first days of travel in Ho Chi Ming City and Hanoi (Vietnam), and awaiting more adventures, here are some of the things that were not as I expected them before coming here. Breakfasts in construction sites, motor scooters with an app, and a very cosmopolitan aspect.
More train! Saigon to Hanoi this time! The reunification express, called so to remember the end of the Vietnam war. Welcome on the sleeper train Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi.
Koen’s new journey is about to start. This time it’s all about exploring Europe and Asia. Wherever possible, I’ll be trying to travel by train or ferry. A slower way of traveling should bring a nice pace to collect some impressions and meet some people.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all